Gin Rummy
Forum
LIVE
Play FREE or win CA$H Prizes!
Main Forum
WHAT WORKS AND WHAT DOESN'T

WHAT WORKS AND WHAT DOESN'T
Posted by LADY_AWE (VIP) Sep 23 2015 5:38PM

As most will attest to, I am an avid tournament VIP player. I seldom pass up tournament play because this is the best way for ladder advancement short of hustling everyone all the time. I also use the challenge arena when all else fails. So I have fair exposure to all the TD's and their styles. I assume that GC has standards which all must comply with. However, there are courtesies that come into play as well. Take for instance, updates. Some TDs are so very good at keeping the players aware of what is happening during their wait times. Others seem to be somewhere else during tournament play. This can be very frustrating and unnecessarily tiring. In fact, I just completed a tournament where the TD never even bothered to announce the winners, prizes, or gave a send-off at the end. The only way I could be sure it was posted at all is by checking the lobby. That is unusual I will admit, but hey ... come on ... you want us to be here then do your part to completion.

What Works and What Doesn't
Posted by eg75218 (VIP) Sep 30 2015 8:46PM

I would agree with Lady, we just completed a tourney (which Lady and I were both participants) where the TD decisions were not consistent. That being said, the TDs, for the most part, do a good job. Maybe what is needed is a site principal that routinely reviews and provides continuing oversight of the TDs, to ensure that everyone has a fun and positive experience, for all games. Just some constructive comment, not trying to throw any one individual under the bus.

SPEAKING OF WHICH
Posted by LADY_AWE (VIP) Oct 7 2015 4:13PM

So there's three of us willing to play a WTA (winner take all) tournament. One of the players is currently holding #1 ladder and hey ... it's not me. After the TD announces the lineup and I am assigned the bye ... #1 ladder just bolts and leaves us all sitting around waiting on him to return. I know, from previous behavior of this type from this particular opponent, that he has no intentions of returning. He voted yes to play the WTA, didn't like the results of the starting lineup and SPLITS!!!

GC Store